The ALICE Training Institute is seeking a talented and competitive Inside Sales Representative that thrives in a quick, high transaction oriented sales cycle environment. The successful candidate will play a fundamental role in achieving our ambitious customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives. You must be comfortable making dozens of calls per day, working with channel partners, generating interest, qualifying prospects and closing sales. This is a full time position in our Corporate Offices. The ideal candidate has a bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice, a Social Science, or a Marketing / Advertising degree and three to five years of inside sales experience selling professional services, training, or learning management software solutions to the business, education, or law enforcement markets.
The ALICE Training Institute is changing how schools, universities and businesses respond to armed intruders. ALICE (Alert, Lock-down, Inform, Counter, and Evacuate), developed after Columbine, teaches strategies to survive a life-threatening event. Supported by educators and law enforcement organizations nationwide, from the White House to state houses around the country, ALICE is quickly becoming the new standard of care across the nation.
Generate revenue by soliciting and obtaining orders; understanding and interpreting business and technical requirements; providing business and technical information and solutions; developing new name accounts.
The job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Achieve monthly sales goals as assigned by management
- Develop new business within a specified territory and or vertical market(s)
- Outside travel encompasses less than 20% of your schedule
- Proactively develop new name accounts
- Develop sales opportunities by independently researching and identifying potential new leads: solicit new accounts by cold calling (telephone, email, fax) ensuring suspect identification, prospecting, qualifying, building rapport, needs analysis by providing business/technical information and explanations, conduct online demonstrations / presentations, preparing quotations and closing orders
- Maintain and expand your database of prospects within your assigned territory
- Work closely with Sales Administration, Account Management and Business Development
- Remains knowledgeable and up-to-date on changes and developments in the learning management and workplace violence industries
- Reactively develop new name accounts
- Develop sales opportunities by responding to inbound leads from the phone, website, fax, and email inquiries: qualify and process these inbound leads updating with accurate information into company crm; route qualified opportunities to the appropriate sales executives for further development and closure
- Proactively develop existing accounts
- Assist existing customers and grow these accounts sales by cross selling, up-selling, add on sales and promotional offers
- Review customer’s buying history, develop customer requirements suggesting related and new products and services; explain business and technical features
- Continually updates job knowledge by studying new products and services, monitoring territory laws and government regulations; participates in sales educational opportunities
- Work with research personnel and other staff members to acquire, assimilate, and process territory account data and produce analysis in order to close more business
- Assesses competitors by analyzing and summarizing competitor information and trends; identifying sales opportunities.
- Accomplishes department and organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Maintains and improves quality results by following standards; recommending improved policies and procedures.
- Keeps management informed of all activity, including timely preparation of reports.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Meeting Sales Goals, Salesforce.com, Closing Skills, Prospecting Skills, Personal Drive to Succeed, Ability and Willingness to pick up the phone and call people you don’t know, Building Relationships over the phone, People Skills, Data Entry Skills, Customer Focus, Professionalism, Motivation for Sales; attention to detail and ability to work independently are required.
- 3+ years of inside sales / customer service experience
- Track record of over-achieving quota
- Strong phone presence and experience dialing dozens of calls per day
- Proficient with corporate productivity and web presentation tools
- Experience working with Salesforce.com or similar CRM
- Prefer some experience selling software, learning management systems or selling to law enforcement, K-12 schools, and or the University markets
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong listening and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
Pay Rate: Base plus commission
Weekly Hours: 40 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY:
- Only highly motivated, team players need apply!
- Email your cover letter and resume to recruitment@alicetraining