Program Topic Areas Include:
- Case Studies
- Policy and Procedures Review
- Infrastructure Design
- Proactive Use of Technology
- Community Resource Assistance
- Mass Evacuations
- Practical Scenario Training
- Lesson Preparation
Policy and Procedures Review
- Instruction on key components of an organized and thoughtful Active Shooter Emergency Operations Plan with emphasis on Survival Strategies.
- Elicit Active Shooter Readiness Status of their specific institutions, and determine where their strength and weaknesses lie.
- Distinguish between high and low priority issues when advising policy and procedure revisions.
- Recognize potential Safety Hazards in building design.
- Design room layouts with priority on Active Shooter defense.
- Understand immediate methods to improve infra-structure hazards.
Proactive Use of Technology
- Current technology resources available to enhance building/occupant safety.
- Current accepted practices utilizing technology in building/occupant safety.
- Discuss proactive uses of technology for building/occupant safety by interfering with intruder’s ability to locate targets.
- Review case studies of past events to determine functionality of technology usage.
Community Resource Assistance
- Locate and elicit community assistance before, during, and after event.
- Demonstrate ability to locate Community Rally Points.
- Discuss potential Community Partners, and the assistance they can provide.
- How to liaison with other local government agencies.
- Discuss Rapid Mass Evacuation plans.
- Discuss tactical advantages associated with maintaining distance vs. securing-in-place and/or barricading.
- Identify non-conventional methods of mobilizing large numbers of people.
Practical Scenario Training
- Conduct practical scenario training in order to experience, visualize, and reinforce course concepts.
- Participants will be required to build and present a 10 minute presentation to demonstrate material comprehension.
- Review and Exam