ALICE (Alert, Lockdown, Inform, Counter, Evacuate) Training is the leading program for response to violent critical incidents (VCI). VCIs are man-made forms of violent disaster, including: active shooter, violent intruder, mass shooting, terrorism, workplace violence, and other unexpected tragedies. The mission of ALICE is to save lives – this training program empowers individuals to make their own survival decisions, using proactive response strategies, should they be faced with violence. Participating in ALICE Instructor Certification provides you training and certification on these life-saving strategies.
Prior to your two-day, class you will need to compete the prerequisite ALICE Introduction for Instructors e-Learning course, which is included with this course. Within 5 minutes of your registration for ALICE Instructor Certification Training, you will receive an email invitation to setup an account to access this e-Learning course. This will give you the basic knowledge and foundation to prepare you for class. The course will take approximately 1 hour to complete.
ALICE Instructor Certification Course Agenda:
Day 1 (subject to change)
- 7: 45 am: Registration
- 8 am – 12 pm: Presentation
- 12 pm – 1 pm: Lunch break (lunch is not provided)
- 1 pm – 2:15 pm: Presentation
- 2:30 pm – 5 pm: Scenarios*
*Dress Code – Interactive scenarios require attire and shoes that allow ease of movement. No dresses, skirts, no open toe shoes, no heels.
Day 2 (subject to change)
- 7: 45 am: Registration
- 8 am – 11 am: Presentation
- 11 am – 2 pm: Group research and presentation preparation.** Working lunch (lunch not included)
- 2 pm – 3:45 pm: Group presentations
- 3:45 pm – 5 pm: Closing remarks
**If you have access to a laptop, please bring it for group projects.
ALICE Instructor Certification Details:
At the end of this course, the participants should be able to:
- Describe the history of active shooter events in America.
- Describe how the traditional Lockdown-only strategy became a standard response.
- Describe lessons learned from previous active shooter events.
- Describe the research and documents which support proactive, options-based strategies and training for civilians.
- Explain the strategies of Alert, Lockdown, Inform, Counter and Evacuate.
- Conduct ALICE Training as part of Organization Certification for their organization, through a blended learning model consisting of e-Learning and hands-on-demonstrations, practical scenarios, and evaluation drills.
At the end of this course, you will receive the following Certified ALICE Instructor Resources:
- ALICE Instructor Certification e-Learning Course – valid for 2 years of certification
- Instructor Led Demonstrations Guide
- ALICE Safe Scenario Guide
- ALICE Training Presentation
- ALICE Implementation Presentation
- ALICE Instructor Certificate
- Implementation support from a dedicated ALICE representative and the ALICE Client Success team
*All Instructor Resources are located in the ALICE e-Learning portal and are unlocked after you pass the Instructor Certification test.